All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionAs oil wells go dry across the globe, a tsunami of soaring oil prices up-ends the lives of once-comfortable, secure families in auto-centered Southern California.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Erwin Cooper Was born in Chicago in 1920. Spent his pre-teen years in the Near East (his parents were Congregational Church missionaries in Greece and Bulgaria). In California graduated from Claremont High School and Chaffey Junior College. Was a ship's bellboy and waiter (Manila, Hong Kong, Singapore, Penang (1941) and steamed into Pearl Harbor while the blacked battleships were still smoldering. Served in World War Two (Field Artillery, then Military Intelligence in Europe (1942-45). Was a documents translator (German) at the war crimes trials in Nuremberg, 1945-47. Graduated from the Unviersity of California, Berkeley, with a Journalism major in 1948. Was employed by a national insurance company in San Francisco (two years). As a California State Information Officer served with the Department of Veterans Affairs (Cal-Vet) in Sacramento (8years) Water Resources in Los Angeles (7 years), Motor Vehicles in Sacramento (18 years). These jobs took him to all corners of the State. Published Aqueduct Empire - A Guide to Water in California, its Turbulent History, its Management Today in 1968. Self-published Understanding California Water in 1997 and issued updated editions until 2004. Has been twice married, is retired, and lives with his wife in Chico, California.
- Author(s)Erwin Cooper
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication16/03/2006
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight881 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.