All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionMaster chef Najmieh Batmanglij distills one of the worlds oldest and most influential cuisines to capture its unique flavours in recipes adapted to suit our busy lives. Najmiehs fans have been making meals from her Food of Life for over 30 years. For Joon she has simplified 75 of her favourite dishes and shows how, with the right ingredients and a few basic tools and techniques, authentic Persian food can easily be prepared at home. The recipes in this book -- each accompanied by a photograph of the finished dish -- come straight from Najmiehs kitchen and include t only the classics of Persian cooking, but also some soon-to-be favourites, such as quia or kale cooked Persian-style. You will discover delicious side dishes, from cooling, yogurt-based salads and tasty dips and spreads, to more sustaining platters of grains, beans and fresh herbs; tasty kukus -- frittata-style omelettes filled with vegetables and herbs; spice-infused fish; mouth-watering meatballs and kebabs served on flat breads with tangy sauces; every kind of rice -- including the incomparable polow topped with various sweet and sour braises; t to mention, delightfully aromatic cakes and cookies to round off meals or enjoy as a snack in between.
- Author BiographyNajmieh Batmanglij was born and raised in Tehran, Iran. She received her Masters degree in the U.S., and has spent the last 25 years traveling through much of the ancient Silk Road region where she has worked with regional chefs and home cooks adapting authentic recipes to tastes and techniques in the West. She is the leading authority of Persian cuisine and the author of five cookbooks, including the best selling New Food of Life: Ancient Persian and Modern Iranian Cooking and Ceremonies described by the Los Angeles Times as the definitive Persian cookbook. She is a member of Les Dames d'Escoffier and has given lectures and taught cooking at a number of venues, including: The Culinary Institute of America, The International Association of Culinary Professionals, Harvard University, L'Academie de Cuisine, and The Smithsonian Institution. She lives in Washington, DC, where she teaches master classes in Persian and Silk Road cooking.
- Author(s)Najmieh Batmanglij
- PublisherMage Publishers
- Date of Publication06/10/2015
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMage Publishers
- Content Note110 colour photos
- Weight907 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.