All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
About this product
- DescriptionJoseph Schumpeter (1883 - 1950) was one of the foremost economic thinkers of the twentieth century. Today Schumpeter is most well-known for his idea of 'creative destruction'. This is the notion that a market economy is simultaneously creative and destructive and therein lies the process of renewal that is central to the endurance and also the unpopularity of capitalism. Schumpeter's work also contains one of the most important conservative critiques of mass democracy. Schumpeter argued that mass democracy had totalitarian tendencies and was likely to degenerate into the tyranny of the popular.
- Author BiographyJohn Medearis is Assistant Professor of Political Science at the University of California, Riverside. He is the author of Schumpeter's Two Theories of Democracy (Harvard University Press, 2000).
- Author(s)John Medearis
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication14/03/2013
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Series TitleMajor Conservative and Libertarian Thinkers
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight232 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.