All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJoseph P. Kennedy s reputation as a savvy businessman, diplomat, and sly political patriarch is well-documented. But his years as a Hollywood mogul have never been fully explored until w. In <i>Joseph P. Kennedy Presents</i>, Cari Beauchamp brilliantly explores this unkwn chapter in Kennedy s biography. Between 1926 and 1930, Kennedy positioned himself as a major Hollywood player. In two short years, he was running three studios simultaneously and then, in a bold move, he merged his studios with David Sarff to form the legendary RKO Studio. Beauchamp also tells the story of Kennedy s affair with Gloria Swanson; how he masterminded the mergers that created the blueprint for contemporary Hollywood; and made the fortune that became the foundation of his empire.
- Author BiographyCari Beauchamp is the author of <i>Without Lying Down: Frances Marion and the Powerful Women of Early Hollywood</i> and other film histories. She has written for <i>The New York Times, Vanity Fair, </i> and <i>Variety</i> and lives in Los Angeles, California.
- Author(s)Cari Beauchamp
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width142 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.