All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.16
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $43.47Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.13
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.39
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.09
About this product
- DescriptionJoseph Priestley was one of the most remarkable thinkers of the eighteenth century. Best kwn today as the scientist who discovered oxygen, he also made major contributions in the fields of education, politics, philosophy, and theology. This collection of essays by a team of experts covers the full range of Priestley's work and provides a new and up to date account of all his activities, together with a summary of his life and an account of his last years in America. The book will re-establish him as a major intellectual figure in Britain and America in the second half of the eighteenth century.
- Author BiographyDavid L. Wykes is Director, Dr Williams's Library, London, and Co-Director, Dr Williams's Centre for Dissenting Studies.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication17/01/2008
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight466 g
- Width144 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byDavid L. Wykes,Isabel Rivers
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.