All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe book is aimed for both genders but it directly speaks to boys. I think it's very important to teach boys about sexual abuse. Sexual abuse harms boys and girls in ways that are similar and different, but equally harmful. This crime is usually done from a position of authority ( coach, teacher, religious or family member). It is important to remember that that 1 in 4 and 1 in 6 boys are sexually abused before age 18. Joseph is a happy boy but his life suddenly turns around when he endures abuse. Will Joseph tell anyone his secret? Will he be able to overcome and live his dreams? Read this book about courage and reaching out for help when someone hurts you.
- Author BiographyCecibel Contreras is an advocate for children's rights as well as a survivor of child sexual abuse. This is a picture book that uses fiction to address a real-life situation. It takes a gentle, practical approach to teaching child abuse awareness. She has written this book to educate children about safe guarding and protecting themselves from current abusers and future predators. She is currently the founder of Incest Survivors United Voices of America, an organization that spread awareness about incest, child sexual abuse and human trafficking.
- Author(s)Mrs Cecibel Alexandra Contreras
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication13/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight96 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.