All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionTrent C. Butler's excellent commentary on Joshua is updated and revised. This new edition takes into account the most recent scholarly work on the book of Joshua. The commentary includes Butler's translation of the text, explanatory tes, and commentary to help any professor, student, or pastor with research and writing. Features include: -solid biblical scholarship for teachers, pastors, and students -updated bibliography commentary for deeper study -thorough coverage of the biblical languages -close analysis of ancient manuscripts of Joshua The Word Biblical Commentary series offers the best in critical scholarship firmly committed to the authority of Scripture as divine revelation. It is perfect for scholars, students of the Bible, ministers, and anyone who wants a theological understanding of Scripture.
- Author BiographyTrent C. Butler is a freelance author and editor. He served ten years on the faculty of the International Baptist Theological Seminary in Ruschilkon, Switzerland, and for twenty-two years as editor and editorial director for Holman Bible Publishers and LifeWay. He wrote the Word Biblical Commentary volume on Joshua, the Layman's Bible Book Commentary on Isaiah, the Holman Old Testament Commentaries on Isaiah and Hosea through Micah, and the Holman New Testament Commentary on Luke. He served on the editorial Board of the Holman Christian Standard Bible, and edited the Holman Bible Dictionary. Dr. Butler has a Ph.D. in biblical studies and linguistics from Vanderbilt University, has done further study at Heidelberg and Zurich, and has participated in the excavation of Beersheba. Nancy L. deClaisse-Walford (PhD, Baylor University) is the Carolyn Ward Professor of Old Testament and Biblical Languages at the McAfee School of Theology at Mercer University in Atlanta, Georgia. She is the author of Reading from the Beginning: The Shaping of the Hebrew Psalter, Biblical Hebrew: An Introductory Textbook, Introduction to the Psalms: A Song from Ancient Israel, and The Book of Psalms (NICOT). Peter H. Davids (PhD, University of Manchester) is visiting professor in Christianity at Houston Baptist University and visiting professor of Bible and applied theology Houston Graduate School of Theology. He is author of numerous books, including Reading Jude with New Eyes, The Epistle of James (NIGTC), The Epistle of 1 Peter (NICNT), James (NIBC), and A Biblical Theology of James, Peter, and Jude. He coedited with Ralph P. Martin The Dictionary of the Latter New Testament and Its Developments.
- Author(s)Nancy L. DeClaisse-Walford,Trent C. Butler
- Date of Publication23/10/2014
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleWord Biblical Commentary
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- Out-of-print date15/11/2016
- Weight1214 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine69 mm
- Series Edited byPeter H. Davids
- Contained items statement2 Hardbacks
- Edition Statement2nd Special edition
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.