Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
About this product
- DescriptionJosie, a quiet and timid thirty-two-year-old, lives alone. It is a boring and predictable life but overall it suits her - until she meets Mike. His unexpected and unwanted advances cause her to panic and the result is a devastating accident. Josie is prosecuted and receives a prison sentence of twelve months. Finding herself serving her time in a women's prison in the Midlands, she is initially terrified of the other inmates and tries to keep her head down, but things don't work out as planned. To her surprise she makes friends but she is also subjected to further trauma. While dealing with the aftermath of a hostage incident she has to face up, for the first time, to events in her own past. The resulting self-kwledge empowers her. She approaches the end of her sentence and begins to look at life differently, envisaging a new and rewarding future.
- Author BiographyCatherine Trimby was born in Shropshire. She spent five years at boarding school in Surrey and then trained at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School. She worked for several years in repertory theatre before joining the BBC Television Drama Department. She has three grown-up children and lives with her husband in Shropshire.
- Author(s)Catherine Trimby
- PublisherYouCaxton Publications
- Date of Publication15/07/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationShrewsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintYouCaxton Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.