Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.18Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionJournal for Star Wisdom 2016 includes articles of interest concerning star wisdom (astrosophy), as well as a guide to the correspondences between stellar configurations during the life of Christ and those of today. This guide comprises a complete sidereal ephemeris and aspectarian, geocentric and heliocentric, for each day throughout the year. Published annually, new editions are available in November for the coming new year. According to Rudolf Steiner, every step taken by Christ during his ministry between the baptism in the Jordan and the resurrection was in harmony with -- and an expression of -- the cosmos. The Journal for Star Wisdom is concerned with these heavenly correspondences during the life of Christ. It is intended to help provide a foundation for cosmic Christianity, the cosmic dimension of Christianity. It is this dimension that has been missing from Christianity in its two-thousand-year history. Readers can begin on this path by contemplating the movements of the Sun, Moon, and planets against the background of the zodiacal constellations (sidereal signs) today in relation to corresponding stellar events during the life of Christ. In this way, the possibility is opened for attuning, in a living way, to the life of Christ in the etheric cosmos. In this year's journal there is an article by Robert Powell concerning the relationship between the galactic center and Christ's miracle of the healing of the man born blind, followed by an article by Estelle Isaacson about the life of the man born blind, whose name was Celidonius. She has also contributed regarding the 'star of Lazarus and reading the starry script'. Claudia McLaren Lainson's article The Towers We Build relates to the planet Uranus and events of our time against the background of the position of Uranus -- the same in 2016 as shortly after Christ's Ascension. And she hors psychologist and astrosopher William Bento, who died on June 5, 2015, with her 'In Memoriam'. David Tresemer's article was written, with the help also of Robert Schiappacasse, as an expansion of a short contribution by William Bento. Then Brian Gray's article focuses upon the birth of Jesus -- in terms of a stellar imagination -- in relation to the three kings on the one hand and the shepherds on the other. Nicholas Kollerstrom has contributed an article 'Position of the Ancient Star Zodiac' presenting research he has made concerning the original scientific definition of the zodiac. There is also an article 'Specters' by Kevin Dann, which approaches from a quite different angle the theme of 'The Fall of the Spirits of Darkness' that is the subject of David Tresemer's article. The monthly commentaries for the year 2016 by Claudia McLaren Lainson are supported by monthly astromical previews provided by Sally Nurney that offer opportunities to physically observe and experience the stellar configurations during the year of 2016. This direct interaction between the human being on earth and the heavenly beings of the stars develops the capacity to receive their wisdom-filled teachings.
- Author BiographyRobert Powell was born in Reading and studied mathematics at the University of Sussex. He is a eurythmist and movement therapist living in Kinsau, Germany. Powell is the author of numerous books and articles and is a co-founder of the Sophia Foundation of North America.
- PublisherSteinerBooks, Inc
- Date of Publication03/11/2015
- SubjectAstrology & Fortune-telling
- Place of PublicationGreat Barringron
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLindisfarne Books
- Out-of-print date27/01/2016
- Content Noteb/w illustrations and charts
- Weight562 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byRobert Powell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.