All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe majestic mountains of the Alps, Germany s highest peakthe Zugspitzeand more than 100 lakes glittering in the foothills illustrate this exciting guide to the Bavarian region. The bustling atmosphere of Munich s all-year market, the medieval cities of Rothenburg and Nuremberg, and festivals such as the world-famous Oktoberfest are investigated, proving the region to be one of the most popular holiday destinations in Germany. Ancient traditions are illustrated, showing how the locals still practice them with pride, both in urban centers and rural communities where time seems to have stood still. Showcasing magnificent buildings and historic sitesamong them indomitable castles, the idyllic Wieskirche, and mighty Bamberg Cathedralthis travel companion also highlights the area s beautiful gardens, fascinating museums, grand theaters, and famous opera houses such as Wagner s Festspielhaus in Bayreuth. Capturing Bavaria in all its elemental beauty and glorious variety, this handbook also focuses on regional beverage beer, the cheese makers of the Allgau, and Ludwig II s palatial architectural masterpieces.
- Author BiographyMartin Siepmann is a freelance photographer and the author of many illustrated books on regional and international destinations. He has had his workfeatured in numerous books on regional and international travel as well as in magazine reports and calendars. Ernst-Otto Luthardt is the author of more than 50 illustrated travel books on places such as Bavaria, Masuria, Poland, Pomerania, Silesia, and St. Petersburg. He organizes and guides exclusive travel breaks that trace the subjects of his titles and are characterized by many personal meetings with individuals famous in the spheres of art, culture, and public life.
- Author(s)Ernst-Otto Luthardt
- PublisherVerlagshaus Wurzburg
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleJourney Through (Sturtz)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVerlagshaus Wurzburg
- Weight1089 g
- Width246 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Photographer(s)Martin Siepmann
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.