All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionJourney Through My Journal is a book to set people free. It is poetry from the heart, it is poetry for the soul.
- Author BiographyI think my love for poetry began with my love for hip-hop. It was about 1986 and I was listening to these rappers like, KRS-ONE, and Public Enemy let these words of love, and hope for change flow. Then in 1988 I started to understand some things that I didn't understand before. By that time my Dad had moved away, my neighborhood in Gary, Indiana went from bad to worst, and Children that I grew up with were being killed, and even raped. I was just trying to fit in, so I started fighting in school, getting suspended, and at that point my Mother didn't know what to do with me. So some teachers at my school suggested that I meet Dr. Rebera Foston. She was a counselor, and a poet that helped me use the very craft that I heard KRS, and P.E use to get into the heart of the matter of what I was really feeling. That summer that I spent writing poetry brought about a change in me that turned me from a problem child, to an honor roll student. That summer I also made the most important step in my life, I gave my life to Jesus Christ, and took my love for poetry, and hip-hop to a gospel group called New Testament. We began to take gospel hip-hop, poetry, and dance to different girls, and boy's homes, high schools, and churches. By the time I turned 21 my life was going in a downward spiral. I was going through a failed marriage, I was going through a job loss, and my love for God, and the love I had for poetry was suffering too. By the time I was 23 after failed suicide attempts, evictions, homelessness, and just down-right depression God reached down and grabbed me, and called me to get up, and use everything that I had gone through as a testimony for him. By the time I was 25 I had a new love in my life, I had a new job, a new church home, and God had given me a renewed spirit, and vision. 25 I started writing Journey Through My Journal, and at the same time I was writing a play entitled Praise Over Pride ( coming soon ), and now three years later the book that God has given me is no longer a dream it is a reality. The purpose of this book is to help some brother, or sister that maybe going through a hard time in life, and don't know why, or don't think that nobody understands to know that God cares, and he understands, and that they are not alone in what they are going through. Take it from me, there is no problem that God won't handle, but first we have to admit to the problem, and let him solve it.
- Author(s)Paul Andrew Kizer
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication28/06/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.