All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
About this product
- DescriptionAdversity can be overcome using directed thinking and beliefs with external support. Being resilient to adversity can be developed within each individual. Resiliency is defined as the ability to recover readily from adversity, depression or other challenges. It is the ability to return to rmal after a disturbance, rebounding and bouncing back. Journey Toward Resiliency could t be timelier. Worldwide challenges exist like never before in modern history. The stress created in the world today needs to be addressed as it affects us all. We are looking for ways to cope with everyday life as well as major stressful events. Readers may use this book as a reference to specific areas of concern and use the ideas to help process the challenge. The ideas to be considered are a combination of practical experience, researched ideas and self exploration. New types of thinking are being embraced as a way of understanding and coping. New spiritual ideas, yoga, ancient rituals and beliefs are in the forefront in our society as we search for relief and answers. Journey Toward Resiliency gives the reader a new perspective, a different way of thinking about life's challenges. The reader will be given proven characteristics that can be developed to assist them with their lives within specific topics. My own journey which is shared illustrates the strong belief that the message contained in these pages should be heard and perhaps embraced by those looking for guidance.
- Author BiographyThe author has been a writer for most of her life, writing journals, poetry, diaries and short stories from an early age. Some of these early written accounts have been used to create this book. After receiving a Bachelor of Science degree from Arizona State University, she obtain a Masters Degree from Northern Arizona State University. Both degrees were in elementary education with an emphasis on language arts. She continues to teach part time as she begins a career as an author. Pam is married and has a daughter who was the contributing photographer for the cover. She enjoys reading, yoga, hiking, and spending time with her friends and family.
- Author(s)Pamela Meeks-Schall
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication18/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Photographer(s)Crystina Meeks-Schall
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.