Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionJourney From Motley Street takes place in an Irish Italian community in Iowa during the 1940's- 1950's. Jerie and her sister Marion are being raised by a fiery Irish mother Mary, while her husband Tony serves in the U, S. Army overseas. Mary is a devout Catholic who also teaches independence and strong feminist values to her daughters.The author describes her journey from Motley street, and how the spirit of her mother and Motley street impacted her life.
- Author BiographyJerie Scalyse was raised in an Italian- Irish community on the on the south side of Des Moines, Iowa during the 1950's. As an adult, Jerie discovered that people made an assumption that if you are from Iowa, you are from a farming community. Jerie's neighborhood was about as different from a small town rural community as it could possibly be in the authors thinking. This difference in perception compelled Jerie to write about growing up in a colorful ethnic neighborhood in Iowa, with her fiery Irish mother and her older sister Marion. The book describes Jerie's colorful neighbors, zany family, and the values her background instilled on her for a lifetime. After living in many places as an adult, Jerie has returned to the south side of Des Moines, where she lives with her husband Lou, and their beloved two poodles Sassy and Thunder. Jerie's background and degree is in Social Work and Counseling.
- Author(s)Jerie L Scalyse
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication26/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.