All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionDrawn from the critically acclaimed England In Particular, this delightful book pairs with Journeys Through England in Particular: On Foot to form a new series celebrating English local distinctiveness - ideal for travellers, holiday-makers and armchair browsers. England In Particular, first published in 2006, is a celebration of the distinctive details that cumulatively make England - its buildings, landscapes, people and wildlife. It was the culmination of more than twenty years' work by Sue Clifford and Angela King, who founded the charity Common Ground with Roger Deakin. These small hardbacks will appeal to anyone curious about the particularities of the landscape, from Bandstands to Beach Huts, Pantiles to Piers, Sand Dunes to Shellfish. They are edited thematically to create the perfect pocket-sized books for taking with you to the countryside or coast, and will prove good companions wherever you are in England.
- Author BiographySue Clifford and Angela King founded the charity Common Ground in 1983 to promote local distinctiveness in all its forms and to campaign against the homogenisation of our surroundings. They have published many books, pamphlets and manifestos, and were behind the magnificent Flora Britannica project.
- Author(s)Angela King,Sue Clifford
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication19/06/2014
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSaltyard Books
- Weight256 g
- Width137 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.