Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionJourneys and Destinations: Studies in Travel, Identity, and Meaning brings together scholarship from diverse fields all focused on either practices of journeying, or destinations to which such journeys lead. Common across the contributions herein are threads that indicate travel as a core component - as a concept or a practice - of the fabric of identity and meaning.
- Author BiographyAlex Norman is a Lecturer in the Department of Studies in Religion, University of Sydney. His book Spiritual Tourism (Continuum 2011) examines the intersection of travel and secular spiritual practice by contemporary Westerners. He is co-editor (with Carole M. Cusack) of the Handbook of New Religions and Cultural Production (Brill 2012). His research interests include tourism and religion, new religious movements, food, photography, and the practice of secular spirituality in the everyday. He hopes to make travel a more thoroughly examined subject in the study of religion.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/06/2013
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byAlex Norman
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.