All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.65Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionJoy is crucial to human life and central to God's relationship to the world, yet it is remarkably absent from contemporary theology and, increasingly, from our own lives! This collection remedies this situation by considering the import of joy on human flourishing. These essays - written by experts in systematic and pastoral theology, Christian ethics, and biblical studies - demonstrate the promise of joy to throw open new theological possibilities and cast fresh light on all dimensions of human life. With contributions from Jurgen Moltmann, N. T. Wright, Marianne Meye Thompson, Mary Clark Moschella, Charles Mathewes, and Miroslav Volf, this volume puts joy at the heart of Christian faith and life, exploring joy's biblical, dogmatic, ecclesiological, and ethical dimensions in concert with close attention to the shifting tides of culture.Convinced of the need to offer to the world a compelling Christian vision of the good life, the authors treat the connections between joy and themes of creation, theodicy, politics, suffering, pastoral practice, eschatology, and more, driven by the conviction that vital relationship with the living God is integral to our fullest flourishing as human creatures.
- Author BiographyMiroslav Volf is director of the Yale Center for Faith and Culture and Henry B. Wright Professor of Systematic Theology-at Yale Divinity School, New Haven, Connecticut. Justin E. Crisp is a doctoral fellow of the Yale Center for Faith and Culture and a PhD student in religious studies at Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut.
- PublisherFortress Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/11/2015
- SubjectReligious Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFortress Press,U.S.
- Weight181 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byJustin E. Crisp,Mr. Miroslav Volf
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.