All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionThe Air Force currently spends approximately $10 million dollars annually on fuel support for the U-2 aircraft. The U-2 has used a jet fuel kwn as JPTS since the aircraft's development in the 1950's. JPTS is a specialty fuel used only by the U-2 and is produced by two oil refineries in the United States. As such, it has limited worldwide availability and costs over three times the per-gallon price of the Air Force's primary jet fuel, JP-8. Recent research performed at the Air Force Research Laboratory Propulsion Directorate suggests that additives could be added to JP-8, which would make it a suitable low-cost replacement for JPTS. The additive-enhanced fuel has come to be kwn as JP-8+100LT.
- Author(s)Christian G Simms
- Date of Publication17/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight136 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.