All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionScholars have spent years questioning aspects of the historical Jesus. How can we kw what Jesus said and did when Jesus himself wrote thing? Can we trust the Gospels, written by unkwn authors 40 to 70 years after Jesus' death? And why do other sources from the time t speak of this messianic figure kwn as Christ? Drawing on the histories of Josephus, Tacitus, Suetonius, and Pliny as well as the Dead Sea Scrolls, Daniel Unterbrink contends that the Jesus of the Bible was actually a composite figure, a clever blend of the Jewish freedom-fighter Judas the Galilean and Paul's divine-human Christ figure created in the middle of the first century CE. Revealing why Paul was kwn as a liar, enemy, and traitor in other Jewish literature, he shows that the New Testament Gospels are t transcripts of actual history but creative works of historical fiction designed to promote Paul's Christianity and serve the interests of the fledgling Gentile Christian communities. He demonstrates how each Gospel is written in light of the success of Paul's religion and dependent upon his later perspective.
- Author BiographyDaniel T. Unterbrink is the author of Judas the Galilean, New Testament Lies, and The Three Messiahs. A retired forensic auditor, he has turned his analytical prowess to the historical origins of Christianity. He lives in Columbus, Ohio.
- Author(s)Daniel T. Unterbrink
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication08/05/2014
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationRochester
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBear & Company
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight615 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byBarrie Wilson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.