All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.62Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionMega-City One, 2100. This post-apocalyptic city of the future is blighted by overcrowding, poverty and misery. With each of the 400 million citizens a potential criminal, order is maintained by future lawmen kwn as the Judges who have the power to act as judge, jury and executioner. Toughest of them all is Judge Dredd - he is the law! br A deadly plague developed during the brutal 'Great Germ War' has reached the futuristic metropolis of Mega-City Two, located on the West Coast of the USA. Charged with delivering a life-saving vaccine to the citizens of the disease-ridden city, Judge Dredd and a small crew of Judges, war droids and the lawbreaking biker, Spikes Harvey Rotten, must travel a thousand miles across the radioactive wasteland kwn as 'the Cursed Earth'.<br>It is a near-impossible journey - hate-filled mutants, rampaging monsters and crazed war robots populate the hellish stretch of terrain. Many men have attempted to cross it and most have failed. But Judges are more than rmal men and Judge Dredd is the best Judge there is! br These stories also feature in Judge Dredd The Complete Case Files 02.
- Author BiographyPat Mills is the creator and first editor of 2000 AD. For the Galaxy's Greatest Comic, he is the writer and co-creator of ABC Warriors, Finn, Flesh, Nemesis the Warlock, Slaine, M.A.C.H 1, Harlem Heroes and Savage. Outside 2000 AD he is the writer and co-creator of the long-running classic anti-war story Charley's War, as well as Marshal Law. He has also written for the Batman, Star Wars and Zombie World series for the US market. Currently Mills is writing the best-selling series Requiem -- Vampire Knight for Editions Nickel of France with artist Olivier Ledroit, and a spin-off series, Claudia -- Vampire Knight, with artist Frank Tacito. Two further French series are in production.br John Wagner is, to many fans, the very heart of 2000 AD. Involved from the earliest days of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic, he co-created Judge Dredd, as well as a whole cast of other memorable characters. His Paradox Press graphic novel A History of Violence was made into a major film by director David Cronenberg, and Judge Dredd adapted into a film twice, most recently in DREDD by Alex Garland and Pete Travis.<br>Perhaps the most popular 2000 AD artist of all time, Brian Bolland's clean-line style and meticulous attention to detail ensure that his artwork on strips including Dan Dare, Future Shocks, Judge Dredd and Walter the Wobot looks as fresh today as it did when first published. Co-creator of both Judge Anderson and The Kleggs, Bolland's highly detailed style unfortunately precluded him from doing many sequential strips -- although he found the time to pencil both Camelot 3000 and Batman: The Killing Joke for DC Comics.br Although Mike McMahon may not have illustrated as many strips as other 2000 AD creators, his importance to the comic cannot be overstated. It was McMahon who co-created perennial classics A.B.C. Warriors and The V.C.'s, and it was also McMahon who gave Judge Dredd his classic, defining, big boots look. McMahon has also illustrated One-Offs, Ro- Busters, and provided a classic run on Slaine. Outside of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic, he has pencilled Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight and The Last American, which he co-created with John Wagner.
- Author(s)John Wagner,Pat Mills
- Date of Publication02/02/2012
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Imprint2000 AD Graphic Novels
- Content Notechiefly col. Illustrations
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Mick McMahon,Brian Bolland
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.