All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMega-City One, 2100. This post-apocalyptic city of the future is blighted by overcrowding, poverty and misery. With each of the 400 million citizens a potential criminal, order is maintained by future lawmen kwn as the Judges who have the power to act as judge, jury and executioner. Toughest of them all is Judge Dredd - he is the law!<br> It is a dark time in the history of Mega-City One. Having employed blackmail and coercion in order to topple the balance of power within the Justice Department, the tyrannical head of the Special Judicial Squad - Judge Cal - has managed to secure the position of Chief Judge.<br>The crazed Cal has enlisted the help of an army of reptilian alien mercenaries kwn as the Kleggs, appointed his pet goldfish as Deputy Chief Judge and framed Judge Dredd for murder in order to maintain power. But Dredd is the kind of Judge who doesn't go down too easily and together with a rebel army made up of other Judges and citizens, prepares to fight back.<br>Can Judge Dredd succeed against all odds and defeat Judge Cal before he destroys the entire population of Mega-City One? br These stories also feature in Judge Dredd The Complete Case Files 02.
- Author BiographyJohn Wagner is, to many fans, the very heart of 2000 AD. Involved from the earliest days of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic, he co-created Judge Dredd, as well as a whole cast of other memorable characters. His Paradox Press graphic novel A History of Violence was made into a major film by director David Cronenberg, and Judge Dredd adapted into a film twice, most recently in DREDD by Alex Garland and Pete Travis.<br>Perhaps the most popular 2000 AD artist of all time, Brian Bolland's clean-line style and meticulous attention to detail ensure that his artwork on strips including Dan Dare, Future Shocks, Judge Dredd and Walter the Wobot looks as fresh today as it did when first published. Co-creator of both Judge Anderson and The Kleggs, Bolland's highly detailed style unfortunately precluded him from doing many sequential strips -- although he found the time to pencil both Camelot 3000 and Batman: The Killing Joke for DC Comics. br Although Mike McMahon may not have illustrated as many strips as other 2000 AD creators, his importance to the comic cannot be overstated. It was McMahon who co-created perennial classics A.B.C. Warriors and The V.C.'s, and it was also McMahon who gave Judge Dredd his classic, defining, big boots look. McMahon has also illustrated One-Offs, Ro- Busters, and provided a classic run on Slaine. Outside of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic, he has pencilled Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight and The Last American, which he co-created with John Wagner. br Dave Gibbons is one of 2000 AD's most popular artists, having co-created Harlem Heroes and Rogue Trooper. He has also pencilled A.B.C. Warriors, Dan Dare, Judge Dredd, Mega-City One, Ro-Busters, Tharg the Mighty, Tharg's Future Shocks and Time Twisters, as well as having scripted several Rogue Trooper stories - making Gibbons one of the few 2000 AD creators to have served as writer, artist and letterer!<br> Beyond 2000 AD, Gibbons is unquestionably best known for his work on the award-winning classic Watchmen (with Alan Moore), but he has also pencilled A1, Batman, Doctor Who, Give Me Liberty, Green Lantern, Superman, Star Wars and War Story. His recent graphic novel The Original won an Eisner award and he is currently scripting several titles for DC comics.<br> Ron Smith drew many 2000 AD stories including some of the epic Judge Dredd tale The Day The Law Died. His other work for 2000 AD includes Chronos Carnival and Tales of The Doghouse.
- Author(s)John Wagner
- Date of Publication10/05/2012
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Imprint2000 AD Graphic Novels
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Brian Bolland,Mick McMahon,Dave Gibbons
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.75Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.76Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.