All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on previously untapped sources, here is a unique examination of the life and legacy of one of the 20th century's most controversial and influential scientists. To his supporters he was a hero of the Cold War, to his detractors he was evil personified, but matter which way you look at it, Edward Teller - kwn as 'The father of the H-Bomb' - was one of the 20th century's most influential scientists. Judging Edward Teller is a definitive biography that presents a balanced portrait of the multifaceted and enigmatic scientist set against the backdrop of one of the most chaotic periods in the history of the world. Drawing on previously unkwn archival material from Hungarian, American and German sources it provides fresh insights into Teller's motivations, his pivotal role in the creation of the hydrogen bomb, his often turbulent relationship with friends and colleagues, his damaging testimony against physicist Robert Oppenheimer, and the legacy of his scientific genius.
- Author BiographyIstvan Hargittai is a successful author and a professor of chemistry at the Budapest University of Technology and Economics.
- Author(s)Istvan Hargittai
- PublisherPrometheus Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationAmherst
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrometheus Books
- Content Noteb&w illustrations throughout
- Weight939 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine36 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $33.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.