All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a comprehensive review of both theories and research on the dynamic nature of human judgment and decision making (JDM). Leading researchers in the fields of JDM, cognitive development, human learning and neuroscience discuss short-term and long-term changes in JDM skills. The authors consider how such skills increase and decline on a developmental scale in children, adolescents and the elderly; how they may be learned; and how JDM skills can be improved and aided. In addition, beyond these behavioral approaches to understanding JDM as a skill, the book provides fascinating new insights from recent evolutionary and neuropsychological approaches. The authors identify opportunities for future research on the acquisition and changing nature of JDM. In a concluding chapter, eminent past presidents of the Society for Judgment and Decision Making provide personal reflections and perspectives on the tion of JDM as a dynamic skill.
- Author BiographyMandeep K. Dhami received her Ph.D. in Psychology from City University, London, in 2001. Before joining the University of Cambridge in 2005, she held academic appointments at the Max Planck Institute for Human Development, Germany, the University of Maryland, USA, and the University of Victoria, Canada. Anne Schlottmann studied at the Ruhr Universitat Bochum, then went on a Fulbright scholarship to the University of California, San Diego, where she received her Ph.D. in 1991. Since then she has been at University College London where she is now a Senior Lecturer in the Developmental Science Department. Michael Waldmann was a graduate student at the Max Planck Institute for Psychological Research, Germany, and obtained his Ph.D. in 1988 from the University of Munich. Since 1998 he has been Professor of Psychology at the University of Gottingen.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2011
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note27 b/w illus.
- Weight640 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAnne Schlottmann,Mandeep K. Dhami,Michael R. Waldmann
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.