All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.39
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.32
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $9.96Trending at AU $14.36
- AU $24.31Trending at AU $28.16
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.43
About this product
- DescriptionWhen her grandmother dies and the once-majestic family estate is sold, eleven-year-old Julia Lancaster and her aunt Constance must take to the road to find Julia's long-lost mother. They bring with them only the most practical travel things--silver candlestick holders, a few Oriental carpets, some steamer trunks, and Julia's beloved Brownie camera, which she will use to document their journey across 1960s America. On the road, Julia and her aunt meet a cast of peculiar characters, including guitar-strumming hippies in Greenwich Village, a legendary voodoo queen in New Orleans, the horable proprietor of the World's End Cattle Ranch in Texas, and the colorful sheriff of Gold Point, Nevada (population: 1), who also happens to be the town's mayor, fire chief, and reverend. But will they find Julia's mother and a place to call home? Poignant, engaging, and funny, Lesley M. M. Blume's new vel is a meditation on the thin line between being an insider and being an outsider, and the deep-rooted need we all have to find a place where we can feel at home.
- Author BiographyLesley M. M. Blume is an author and journalist. She lives in New York City, but is a nomad at heart. When she travels the world, she always takes with her a trunk filled with glistening practical-travel things. She has written five previous novels for Knopf, including Cornelia and the Audacious Escapades of the Somerset Sisters, The Rising Star of Rusty Nail, and Tennyson, which the Chicago Tribune praised for its brilliant, unusual writing.
- Author(s)Lesley M M Blume
- PublisherAlfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers
- Date of Publication10/03/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.