All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionBut, for my own part, it was Greek to me. Now you can appreciate Julius Caesar in plain English. Political intrigue. Ambition. Envy. Conspiracy. Hypocrisy. Betrayal. Assassination. Pride. Suicide. The Ides of March. The tides of war. Julius Caesar makes today's political scene seem boring! If the original text seems Greek (or geek) to you, w you can read and enjoy it in a modern translation that's easy to understand. Special aids make following the action and grasping the meaning a snap: * A brief sypsis of the plot and action * A comprehensive character list that describes the characteristics, motivations, and actions of each major player * A visual character map that shows the relationships of major characters * A cycle-of-death graphic that pinpoints the sequence of deaths and includes who dies, how they die, and why * Reflective questions that help you understand the themes of the play Shakespeare on the Double! Julius Caesar helps you appreciate this play and the sad, oft-quoted question, Et tu, Brute?
- Author BiographyMary Ellen Snodgrass is an award-winning author of textbooks and general reference works and a former columnist for the Charlotte Observer. A member of Phi Beta Kappa, she graduated magna cum laude from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro and Appalachian State University and holds degrees in English, Latin, psychology, and the education of gifted children.
- Author(s)William Shakespeare
- PublisherHoughton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company
- Date of Publication08/09/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Weight234 g
- Width141 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Translated byMary Ellen Snodgrass
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.