All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith a life and career spanning nearly a century, Julius Shulman is credited with furthering the midcentury modernist movement through his flawless photographs of the pioneering architecture of Richard Neutra and Charles Eames, among others. While Shulman's pictures comprise the most published images of the modernist movement, this mograph presents many neverbefore- seen images on a subject closest to Shulman's heart: Los Angeles and its environs-including Palm Springs and other suburbs. Shulman documents then-emerging areas like Century City, Wilshire Boulevard, and Echo Park, as well as landmarks like the Watts Towers and Grauman's Chinese Theatre. Many of these Los Angeles buildings and neighborhoods have since been overhauled, torn down, or otherwise altered beyond recognition, making these images some of the only lasting testaments to their existence. Selected from his personal collection as well as his official archives, the photographs represent t only lesser-kwn and never-before-seen material, but also some of Shulman's own personal favorites.
- Author BiographySam Lubell is an architectural writer and the West Coast editor of the Architect's Newspaper. Judy McKee is Julius Shulman's only child and executor of his estate.
- Author(s)Douglas Woods,Sam Lubell
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication16/02/2016
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note200 black and white photographs
- Weight1179 g
- Width191 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.