All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionLydia Dean finds herself at the top of her game professionally, yet on the verge of an emotional breakdown. Quitting her job and convincing her husband John to join her on a more meaningful path, the family takes a leap of faith, trading their American lifestyle for a more simple one nestled in a quiet village in the South of France. We live alongside Lydia and John as they tend grape vines, revate a stone house, build a villa rental business and raise a family in Provence. Reconnecting with her early childhood dreams of humanitarian work, Lydia's adventures then take her further from the comforts of home as the young family travels extensively to areas lacking access to education and opportunity. Join Lydia on an inspirational path around the world-into shelters for children across India, through the jungles and back roads of Costa Rica, Southeast Asia and Venezuela, and to China where the Deans adopt their third child. Motivated by the simple ideal that small personal actions can make a difference, the family returns to the US where Lydia and a passionate team build a n-profit organization-GoPhilanthropic, supporting vulnerable women and children. From magical and entertaining to painfully raw and unsettling, this beautifully balanced mixture of travel memoir, soul searching, and motherhood shows us how to put fear aside, peel away all that insulates us, and listen to our inner selves. The book ultimately becomes less about what the author has done in her own life and more about what each of us can do to explore our own dreams and jump our own fences.
- Author BiographyIn 2000 Lydia left a successful career in Orlando, Florida to explore the world with her young family. Moving abroad, she and her husband renovated old homes and built a villa rental businessin the South of France-Only Provence. During their six years outside the US, Lydia traveled extensively to areas lacking access to education and opportunity. Motivated by the simple ideal that small personal actions can make a difference, she and her family returned to the US in 2007 and launched GoPhilanthropic Travel- a tour company engaging travelers with lesser-known humanitarians driving change in their communities. She and a passionate team expanded their efforts by founding GoPhilanthropic Foundation, a non-profit organization helping empower small grassroots organizations to stand on their own. GoPhilanthropic Foundation has made a significant impact, encouraging active engagement of donors in solving critical issues relating to women's and children's education and empowerment. Lydia currently resides in Los Angeles, California with her husband and three children and divides her time between the US, France and Asia.
- Author(s)Lydia Dean
- PublisherLydia Dean
- Date of Publication27/01/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLydia Dean
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.