All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionJung and Phemelogy is a classic text in the field of Jungian scholarship. Originally published in 1991, it continues to be essential to conversations regarding the foundations of Jungian thought. This Classic Edition of the book includes a brand new introduction by the author. Jung described his own approach as phemelogical, particularly as it contrasted with Freud's psychoanalysis and with medical psychiatry. However, Jung's understanding of phemelogy was inconsistent, and he writes with an epistemological eclecticism which leaves him often at cross purposes with himself. In Jung and Phemelogy, Brooke systematically addresses the central ideas of Jung's thought. The major developments in the post-Jungian tradition are extensively integrated into the conversation, as are clinical issues, meaning that the book marks a synthesis of insights in the contemporary Jungian field. His reading and interpretation of Jung are guided by the question of what it is that Jung is trying to show but which tends to be obscured by his formulations. Examining the meaning of Jung's theoretical ideas in concrete existential terms, Jung and Phemelogy is essential reading for psychoanalysts, psychologists and students interested in the Jungian tradition and existential phemelogy.
- Author BiographyRoger Brooke is Professor of Psychology at Duquesne University, USA, where he has also been Director of Clinical Training. His theoretical and clinical work draws deeply from the Jungian, psychoanalytic, and phenomenological traditions. He is also the editor of Pathways into the Jungian World (Routledge, 1999).
- Author(s)Roger Brooke
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/01/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleRoutledge Mental Health Classic Editions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.