Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionFor over thirty years, Clayton Eshleman has studied the Ice Age cave art of southwestern France Juniper Fuse is the culmination of this work. Named after the primitive hand lamp wicks used to light cave walls, the book, in Ronald Gottesman s words, is a fabulous three-dimensional tapestry of scholarship. Original and intense, it poses serious questions about human nature and its relation to the animal and natural worlds. Juniper Fuse is also a profound examination, in poetry and in prose, of the nature of poetic imagination and personal myth-making. Drawing upon art history and archaeology as well as poetics and personal experience, Eshleman delivers a potent distillation of the paleoecology of our minds, a provocative, and wholly passionate, exploration into the nature of consciousness.
- Author BiographyCLAYTON ESHLEMAN, poet, essayist, translator and educator, has founded and edited two seminal literary journals, Caterpillar and Sulfur, published twelve books of original poetry, two volumes of essays, and nine volumes of translations. He was the recipient of The National Book Award in 1979 for his co-translation of Cesar Vallejo s Complete Posthumous Poetry. He is Professor of English, Emeritus, at Eastern Michigan University.
- Author(s)Clayton Eshleman
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication03/11/2003
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWesleyan University Press
- Content Note84 illus. (8 colour plates)
- Weight712 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.