Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.39
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.59
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.32
- AU $9.96Trending at AU $14.36
- AU $25.27Trending at AU $27.69
About this product
- DescriptionIn antiquity, Jupiter and Saturn formed a part of mankind's understanding of the gods, but toward the end of the Renaissance in the 17th century, the invention of the telescope allowed scientists to reform their ideas about these orbital bodies in the solar system. Because of their immense size and prominence, Jupiter and Saturn were immediate targets for observation by early astromers. In a single, informative reference, Jupiter and Saturn discusses what is kwn and still unkwn about Jupiter 200 years later in the development of telescopes and astromy, as well as Saturn's interior structure, heat production, and magnetic field. This volume also explores the orbital movements of Jupiter in the solar system and its internal and external composition, movements, and temperatures, as well as Saturn's extensive ring system. Perfect for those interested in understanding the science and history behind the exploration of Jupiter and Saturn, this volume provides a detailed look into the geological profiles of these planets as they relate to the rest of the solar system.
- Author BiographyLinda T. Elkins-Tanton, Ph.D., has a doctorate in geology and geophysics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). She is an expert on volcanic processes in terrestrial planets, effects of meteorite impacts, early lunar evolution, and the connections between meteorite impacts, flood basalts, and global extinction events. She has been published in the journals Geology, Earth, and Planetary Science Letters; Geophysical Research Letters; and Geochimica et Cosmochimica.
- Author(s)Linda T. Elkins-Tanton
- PublisherFacts On File Inc
- Date of Publication15/04/2006
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFacts On File Inc
- Content Note35-50 black-&-white photographs & 30-40 line drawings, index, tables & charts, glossary, 8-page, full-colour insert
- Weight653 g
- Width187 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.