All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.66
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the techniques and discursive strategies that are typical of the communicative interactions between professionals and laymen in a jury trial. It also investigates the complex relationship that emerges between written and oral communication in different phases of the trial. The analysis takes into account the many nuances that define these dynamics and the various possibilities that the jurors have to intervene in the process, particularly in the light of recent procedural developments. Special attention is devoted to the observation of the specific strategies adopted to illustrate legal ideas and concepts to the jurors according to the speakers' various communicative purposes. By adopting a discourse analytical perspective which combines both qualitative and quantitative approaches, the book highlights the hybridity of the language used in court and the combination of different styles and registers.
- Author BiographyPatrizia Anesa holds a PhD in English Studies from the University of Verona. She is a member of the Research Centre on Specialised Discourse (CERLIS) at the University of Bergamo and teaches English Language and Translation and the same University. Her research interests lie mostly in the area of specialised discourse, with particular reference to legal language and courtroom communication.
- Author(s)Patrizia Anesa
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication24/08/2012
- Series TitleLinguistic Insights
- Series Part/Volume Number162
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight380 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.