All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.28
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.64
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.45
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.21
- AU $21.44Trending at AU $27.17
- AU $23.02Trending at AU $23.48
About this product
- Description<b>A young girl shares her observations about the mallards near her house in an engaging, informative story sure to make a splash with duck lovers.</b><i>Quack quack, Quack-quaack-quack.It's the first sound I hear every morning.The young girl in this story may live in the city, but outside her window there's a river full of mallard ducks! She hears them as soon as she wakes up, and on the way to school she sees them upside down bobbing for food. Interspersed with fun facts, her enthusiastic commentary about her feathered neighbors -- what they look like, how they behave, where they nest, where they sleep -- pairs swimmingly with cheerful watercolor illustrations.
- Author BiographyNicola Davies is a zoologist and the award-winning author of many books for children, including <i>Surprising Sharks</i>, illustrated by James Croft; <i>Ice Bear: In the Steps of the Polar Bear</i>, illustrated by Gary Blyth; and <i>White Owl, Barn Owl</i>, illustrated by Michael Foreman. Nicola Davies lives in Wales. Salvatore Rubbino is the author-illustrator of <i>A Walk in New York</i> and <i>A Walk in London</i>, the latter of which is an ode to his home city.
- Author(s)Dr Nicola Davies
- PublisherCandlewick Press (MA)
- Date of Publication25/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleRead and Wonder (Paperback)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press (MA)
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight177 g
- Width232 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Salvatore Rubbino
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.