All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow, for the first time, there is a comprehensive, eminently readable book designed to focus thinking in the area of contract law. This book bridges the gap between law and ecomics by confronting rmative values that ecomists too often deem the preserve of moral philosophers. Contract theorists, on the other hand, are seldom in sympathy with ecomic efficiency rms. While free bargaining continues to be regarded with suspicion by legal scholars who are hostile to private ordering, the proper scope of free bargaining remains in dispute. Combined with a recent renewed interest in this field, these academic tensions mean that the time is right for a reconsideration of contract law. Drawing on scholarship from diverse fields and using illuminating and erudite examples, Just Exchange is entertaining as well as informative. Of interest to ecomists, lawyers, public policy-makers and those intersted in contract theory, this volume is a valuable overview of a vital intersection between legal studies and ecomics.
- Author BiographyF. H. Buckley is Foundation Professor at the Law and Economics Center of George Mason University in Arlington, Virginia.
- Author(s)Francis H. Buckley
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/12/2004
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleThe Economics of Legal Relationships
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white line drawings
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.36Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.