All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA rare look at emotional bullying among boys from the best-selling author of My Secret Bully.D.J.'s friend Vince has a habit of teasing D.J. and then saying, Just kidding! as if it will make everything okay. It doesn't, but D.J. is afraid that if he protests, his friends will think he can't take a joke. With the help of his father, brother, and an understanding teacher, D.J. progresses from feeling helpless to taking positive action, undermining the power of two seemingly harmless words. Trudy Ludwig takes ather look at relational aggression, the use of relationships to manipulate and hurt others, this time from the boy's point of view.Back matter includes discussion questions, a dos and don'ts of teasing list, and a resource guide for parents and teachers.Endorsed by Full Esteem Ahead, The Hands & Words Are Not For Hurting Project, and The Ophelia Project.
- Author BiographyTRUDY LUDWIG is a nationally acclaimed speaker and an award-winning author who specializes in writing children's books that help kids cope with and thrive in their social world, including The Invisible Boy and My Secret Bully. She has received rave reviews from educators, experts, organizations, and parents at schools and conferences around the US for her passion and compassion in addressing peer aggression and friendship issues. An active member of the International Bullying Prevention Association, Trudy also collaborates with organizations like the Committee for Children and ConnectSafely.org, and has served as content advisor for Sesame Street Workshop. Trudy's books have won the Mom's Choice Gold Award, the IBPA Gold Benjamin Franklin Award, and the NAPPA Gold Medal, and also been recognized as NCSS-CBC Notable Social Studies Books for Young People. ADAM GUSTAVSON is an illustrator who lives in West Orange, New Jersey, with his family. This is his second book with Tricycle Press.
- Author(s)Adam Gustavson,Charise Mericle Harper,Trudy Ludwig
- PublisherTricycle Press
- Date of Publication31/05/2006
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTricycle Press
- Content Notecol
- Weight308 g
- Width203 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.56
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.86
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.65
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.91
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.71
- AU $11.83Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $32.94Trending at AU $34.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.