All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $46.67
- AU $35.57Trending at AU $38.74
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $12.87
- AU $20.05Trending at AU $27.70
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $51.28
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $20.19
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $16.29
About this product
- DescriptionIn JUST LISTEN, veteran psychiatrist and business coach Mark Goulston reveals the secret to how to get through to anyone, even when productive communication seems impossible, and presents remarkably effective tools and techniques you can use whenever a job, a sale, or a relationship hangs in the balance. Goulston has proven these strategies during his own 30-year career as a business coach at companies such as GE, IBM, Goldman Sachs, Kodak, Federal Express, Hyatt, and Disney. He has also trained FBI and police hostage negotiators to handle life-or-death situations. With this powerful yet engaging audio book, you'll learn how to: Get the attention of a total stranger who you need to kw-like that potential client you absolutely must land.Talk an angry person up from an instinctual (irrational) state to receptivity, and finally to rationality-a skill that can save a job, a marriage, or even a life.Use the Magic Paradox -a technique the author developed for hostage negotiators- to turn a negative person into an asset.Master the critical art of buy-in (the foreplay of negotiation, persuasion, and selling) by moving anyone through the Persuasion Cycle. Barricades between people become barriers to success, progress, and happiness; so getting through is t just a fine art, but a crucial skill. JUST LISTEN gives you the techniques and confidence to approach the unreachable people in your life, and turn frustrating situations into productive outcomes and rewarding relationships.
- Author BiographyMark Goulston, M.D. is a psychiatrist, consultant, business coach, and is the author of Get Out of Your Own Way and Get Out of Your Own Way at Work. He writes a leadership column for Fast Company and the Solve Anything with Dr. Mark career advice column for Tribune Media Services. Named one of America's Top Psychiatrists by the Consumers' Research Council of America (2009, 2005, 2004), he is frequently quoted or featured in The Wall Street Journal, Harvard Business Review, Fortune, Newsweek and others, and on CNN, NPR, Fox News, and BBC-TV. He lives in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Mark Goulston
- PublisherGildan Audio
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGildan Audio
- Weight195 g
- Width145 mm
- Height139 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Read byWalter Dixon
- Contained items statement7 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time465
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.