All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.13
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.18
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
About this product
- DescriptionHow was it that a single genesis event could create billions of galaxies, stars and planets? This book demonstrates how just six numbers, imprinted in the Big Bang, determine the essential features of the physical cosmos.
- Author BiographySir Martin Rees is Royal Society Research Professor at Cambridge University & Astronomer Royal.
- Author(s)Martin J. Rees
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication14/10/1999
- SubjectPopular Science
- Series TitleScience Masters
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWeidenfeld & Nicolson
- Out-of-print date10/03/2007
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight451 g
- Width155 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine22 mm
Most relevant reviews
- primehealth09 Dec, 2012by
Interesting read. Not too complex, well explained.
Very interesting book essentially outlining 6 critical parameters essential for the universe to function from a macro to micro level and how exacting these parameters needed to be. Otherwise, the universe as we know it could not exist. A pure scientific piece but those interested in the universe being divinely created will find that this scientific writing fits extremely well. The author was the UK's top scientist as President of the Royal Society.