All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJust Write It! is a writing skills book with a difference. It teaches students to unblock their preconceptions and negative thoughts about writing. This helps them to achieve the marks that they are capable of and to realize their full potential. Authored by a professional writer and writing coach, this book uses a proven method and set of techniques that unlock creativity and teach students to fully articulate their thoughts and tackle any written task. Quizzes, exercises and checklists allow students to assess their current writing behaviour and track their improvement. Students are first introduced to general skills and techniques before learning how to apply these skills to the most common types of writing they are likely to face. This unique book covers topics including: developing a positive attitude to writing; using objects to kick-start creativity; generating ideas and turning them into arguments; applying your new kwledge to essays, dissertations, reports and articles; and writing your way to your dream job. The biggest stumbling block for some students is their writing skills, yet the ability to articulate yourself in writing is vital for success. Just Write It! is a reader-friendly, step by step book, which demystifies academic writing and breaks the process down into bite-sized chunks. It gives great practical advice in simple stages, which guide the reader to developing their writing skills. (Vanessa Heaslip, Senior Lecturer in Adult Nursing, Bournemouth University, UK). This is a well-designed book to support undergraduates through their university journey. It is user-friendly with its clear, easy to follow structure. This book is a great support mechanism to help undergraduates to achieve. I highly recommend this text - it is an essential resource for undergraduates! (Emma Jackson, University of Worcester, UK).
- Author BiographyGreta Solomon is a freelance professional writer, journalist, PR practitioner and writing coach. She has worked with hundreds of students of all ages, coaching them in writing skills. She also creates and delivers bespoke writing skills workshops for corporate clients.
- Author(s)Greta Solomon
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2013
- SubjectStudy Skills & General Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight256 g
- Width59 mm
- Height83 mm
- Spine3 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.