All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAli b. Abi Talib, son-in-law and cousin of the Prophet Muhammad, first Shi'i imam and fourth caliph, is a monumental figure within the Islamic tradition. But despite the immense importance of Imam Ali, there is a dearth of literature in Western languages about his life and thought. This book - the first serious engagement in English with the intellectual principles underpinning his teachings - is therefore a welcome and valuable addition to the sources available. It consists of three parts. Part one introduces the person of Ali in a general manner, and focuses particularly on the spiritual and ethical content of his teachings. Part two evaluates Ali's 'sacred conception of justice'. Part three addresses the theme of spiritual realization through the remembrance of God, the central mystical practice of the Sufis. Justice and Remembrance will be of great value to students and scholars of Islamic thought, as well as to those interested in the relationship between spirituality and ethics.
- Author BiographyReza Shah-Kazemi holds a doctorate in comparative religion from the University of Kent and is currently a Research Associate at The Institute of Ismaili Studies, London. He is the author of numerous articles and books, which include Crisis in Chechnya (1995), Avicenna: Prince of Physicians (1997) and an English translation of Doctrines of Shi'i Islam (2001) from the Persian text by Ayatollah Ja'far Sobhani.
- Author(s)Reza Shan Kazemi
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication23/02/2007
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight340 g
- Width134 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.