All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLove and justice have long been prominent themes in the moral culture of the West, yet they are often considered to be almost hopelessly at odds with each other. In this book acclaimed Christian philosopher Nicholas Wolterstorff shows that justice and love are perfectly compatible at heart, and he argues that the commonly perceived tension between them reveals something faulty in our understanding of each. This paperback publication adds a new preface and Scripture index to the original hardcover edition. Building upon Wolterstorff's expansive discussion of justice in his earlier Justice: Rights and Wrongs and charitably engaging alternate views, this book focuses in profound ways on the complex yet ultimately harmonious relation between justice and love.
- Author BiographyNicholas Wolterstorff is Noah Porter Professor Emeritus of Philosophical Theology at Yale University and Senior Fellow at the Institute for Advanced Studies in Culture at the University of Virginia.
- Author(s)Nicholas Wolterstorff
- PublisherWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Date of Publication30/06/2015
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Weight435 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.