All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMuch has been written of late about what the apostle Paul really meant when he spoke of justification by faith, t the works of the law. This short study by Stephen Westerholm carefully examines proposals on the subject by Krister Stendahl, E. P. Sanders, Heikki Raisanen, N. T. Wright, James D. G. Dunn, and Douglas A. Campbell. In doing so, Westerholm tes weaknesses in traditional understandings that have provoked the more recent proposals, but he also points out areas in which the latter fail to do justice to the apostle. Readers of this book will gain t only a better grasp of the ongoing theological debate about justification but also a more nuanced overall understanding of Paul.
- Author BiographyStephen Westerholm is professor of early Christianity at McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario. His other books include Preface to the Study of Paul, Perspectives Old and New on Paul, and Israel's Law and the Church's Faith: Paul and His Recent Interpreters.
- Author(s)Stephen Westerholm
- PublisherWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Date of Publication23/12/2013
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Weight141 g
- Width135 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine7 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.