Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionJane Austen's remarkable juvenilia date from 1787, when she was eleven, to 1793, when she was seventeen. She preserved these early writings in three manuscript tebooks, entitled, with mock solemnity, 'Volume the First', 'Volume the Second', and 'Volume the Third'. Most of these works are short fictions, but Austen also wrote the opening of what could have become a full-length vel, 'Catharine', as well as dramatic sketches, verses, and a few n-fictional pieces. Astonishingly sophisticated and inventive, these writings are w receiving the scholarly attention they deserve. This edition provides a fresh transcription of Austen's manuscripts, with comprehensive explanatory tes, an extensive critical introduction, covering the context and publication history of the juvenilia, a chrology of Austen's life and an authoritative textual apparatus. It also prints, for the first time, the copious satirical marginalia that Austen wrote on her copies of Oliver Goldsmith's History of England.
- Author BiographyPeter Sabor is Director of the Burney Centre and Canada Research Chair in Eighteenth-Century Studies at McGill University, Montreal.
- Author(s)Jane Austen
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication19/10/2006
- Series TitleThe Cambridge Edition of the Works of Jane Austen
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note31 b/w illus.
- Weight750 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Edited byPeter Sabor
- Series Edited byJanet Todd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.