All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionJane Austen's remarkable juvenilia date from 1787, when she was eleven, to 1793, when she was seventeen. She preserved these early writings in three manuscript tebooks, entitled, with mock solemnity, 'Volume the First', 'Volume the Second', and 'Volume the Third'. Most of these works are short fictions, but Austen also wrote the opening of what could have become a full-length vel, 'Catharine', as well as dramatic sketches, verses, and a few n-fictional pieces. Astonishingly sophisticated and inventive, these writings are w receiving the scholarly attention they deserve. This edition provides a fresh transcription of Austen's manuscripts, with comprehensive explanatory tes, an extensive critical introduction, covering the context and publication history of the juvenilia, a chrology of Austen's life and an authoritative textual apparatus. It also prints, for the first time, the copious satirical marginalia that Austen wrote on her copies of Oliver Goldsmith's History of England.
- Author BiographyPeter Sabor is Director of the Burney Centre and Canada Research Chair in Eighteenth-Century Studies at McGill University, Montreal.
- Author(s)Jane Austen
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/05/2013
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleThe Cambridge Edition of the Works of Jane Austen
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byPeter Sabor
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.