All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionKader Asmal, lawyer and teacher, South African Cabinet minister, and the driving force behind the Irish Anti-Apartheid Movement, has been called many things - 'small, bustling, curious, courageous, indefatigable' (Irish Times) and 'dapper, combative, witty, cantankerous, sarcastic, urbane, precisely spoken' (Sunday Times). The son of a small-town shopkeeper from Natal, his life took him as far as exile in the UK, on to a senior position at Trinity College Dublin, and back to a free South Africa, governed by an exemplary Constitution, which he helped devise. These memoirs are t only Asmal's personal journey. They are also the story of South Africa's transition from apartheid to freedom and democracy, in which he played a significant role, as a member of the ANC' Constitutional Committee and negotiating team and later as an MP and Cabinet minister under Nelson Mandela and Thabo Mbeki. They provide testimony, too, to Asmal's lifelong dedication to freedom, equality and justice - ideals enshrined in the country's Bill of Rights, which he played a major part in writing.
- Author BiographyAdrian Hadland is a former foreign correspondent, a columnist, and a political editor with more than 15 years of experience. He has served on the South African Press Ombudsman's Appeal Panel and has consulted for both the United Nations and the World Bank. He is the author of Advertising in the News: Paid-for Content and the South African Print Media and Re-Visioning Television: Policy, Strategy, and Models for the Sustainable Development of Community Television in South Africa.
- Author(s)Adrian Hadland,Kader Asmal,Moira Levy
- PublisherJacana Media (Pty) Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationJohannesburg
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintJacana Media
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight660 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.