All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionKafka's last vel is preoccupied with an elusive authority named the Castle. By insisting on entering the Castle, the protagonist K. inadvertently deconstructs its very presence: K. discovers that the Castle only exists as a rhetorical paradigm in the language of the village. This experience is the basis for K.'s existential maturation. Instead of striving to find meaning in a transcendent authority, K. gradually becomes responsible for his own subjective identity.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Karoline Krauss is an adjunct assistant professor of German at the University of Utah. In 1993 she received her Ph.D. from the same institution. Dr. Krauss has published articles and a translation.
- Author(s)Karoline Krauss
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/04/1996
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAustrian Culture
- Series Part/Volume Number14
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published1996
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight350 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.