All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionFour haunting images by one of the 20th century's most original artists, adapted as tattoo art: Self-Portrait with Monkeys, Diego and I, The Little Deer, and Self-Portrait with Collar of Thorns.
- Author BiographyBest known for her striking self-portraits, Frida Kahlo (1907 54) ranks among Mexico's most prominent artists. Her surrealistic paintings abound in symbolism, drawing upon her native country's folk traditions and reflecting her own turbulent existence. I never paint dreams or nightmares, she asserted, I paint my own reality. With the Neomexicanismo movement of the 1980s, which celebrated the values of contemporary Mexican culture, Kahlo's work began receiving wider recognition. International exhibitions of her paintings followed, exciting an ongoing interest in her passionate life, which has inspired biographies, an acclaimed film, and an opera.
- Author(s)Frida Kahlo
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication28/03/2003
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Series TitleDover Tattoos
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight14 g
- Width106 mm
- Height147 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsSticker book
- Interest AgeFrom 6
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.