All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionKalaam Gamiil Volume 2 further develops learners' skills in Egyptian Colloquial Arabic, along parallel tracks of vocabulary and grammar. It is designed to enable students to communicate effectively with native speakers in a wider range of social situations, with a higher degree of accuracy and fluency. It aims to do so by expanding learners' vocabulary and idiomatic expressions, increasing their command of grammar (both syntax and morphology), as well as instilling a measure of cross-cultural understanding.Structured around more sophisticated topics that go beyond those of daily life conversations to cover social and cultural issues and concepts, each lesson includes two situations (often dialogues), a vocabulary list, preparatory sentences using the new vocabulary items and grammatical structures, explanations of the grammar in English, relevant cultural information, in addition to a variety of mechanical drills and communicative exercises.The book, volume two of a two-part series, focuses on the speaking and listening skills that will enable high intermediate to advanced students to handle a variety of more complicated communicative tasks successfully. One CD is included.
- Author BiographyAbbas Al-Tonsi is a senior lecturer in Georgetown University's School of Foreign Service in Qatar. He is the author or co-author of a number of Arabic coursebooks, including the Al-Kitaab series. Laila Al-Sawi and Suzanne Massoud are both senior instructors at the Arabic Language Institute of the American University in Cairo.
- Author(s)Abbas Al-Tonsi,Laila Al-Sawi,Suzanne Massoud
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication30/08/2013
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Weight617 g
- Width173 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.