CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionIn this dazzling debut collection by Indian-born poet Siddhartha Bose, the cities of Kolkata, Mumbai, New York and London are transformed into sites of fractured vision. Bose has created a volatile, dynamic poetics in which love and longing compete with the hybrid, multicultural cityscape. A five-part structure reflects this multiplicity: 'Prolectric' and 'Epilepsis' book-end sequences on childhood and initiation ('Sunya'), love ('Maya') and the city ('Nagri'). Kalagora is a Hindi neologism meaning black man / white man; this book tells his story.
- Author BiographyThere is multiculturalism, romanticism, orientalism; travel, rebellion, jazz; fantasy, love, sex. Kalagora is one of the most impressive debut volumes I have read in recent years. - Sudeep Sen Kalagora is a vital book of poems for the 21st century. - James Byrne Siddhartha Bose is a poet and performer based in London. He grew up in Bombay and Calcutta, followed by a seven year itch in the USA. Selections of his work have appeared in the anthologies City State: New London Poetry and Voice Recognition: 21 Poets for the 21st Century. Bose has recently completed a PhD at Queen Mary, University of London. He is playwright-in-residence with WhynotTheatre, Toronto, and was dubbed one of the 'ten rising stars of British poetry' by The Times.
- Author(s)Siddhartha Bose
- PublisherPenned in the Margins
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenned in the Margins
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight132 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.