All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionThis title presents an introduction to the influence of Kant's though on theology and the response from theology. The philosophy of Kant is widely ackwledged to have had a major impact on theology. However, due to the vastness and complexity of Kant's philosophical system, contemporary theologians and ethicists tend to steer clear of his actual writings and often exhibit a misunderstanding of his central ideas on reason, morality and religion. Anderson and Bell aim to make Kant accessible again to new generations of students and to challenge twenty-first century academics to return to Enlightenment rationality. Kant and Theology takes a fresh look at freedom, evil and human automy in Kant's Critique of Pure Reason, Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals and Critique of Practical Reason , as well as his Religion Within the Boundaries of Mere Reason and An Answer to the Question: What is Enlightenment? , demonstrating how these core texts can inform debates about a range of topics including salvation, purgatory, ritual practice and the role of reason for religious people today. The Philosophy and Theology series looks at major philosophers and explores their relevance to theological thought as well as the response of theology.
- Author BiographyPamela Anderson is Professor of Philosophy of Religion in the University of Oxford and Fellow of Regent's Park College, Oxford, UK. Dr Jordan Bell is a Lecturer in Philosophy at Regent's Park College, University of Oxford, UK. His philosophical interests centre on the two-aspect interpretation of Kant's transcendental idealism and the theory of freedom which arises out of it.
- Author(s)Jordan Bell,Pamela Sue Anderson
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication20/05/2010
- Series TitlePhilosophy and Theology
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Weight195 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.