Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.39
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $70.40Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $74.12Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume brings to English readers the finest postwar German-language scholarship on Kant's moral and legal philosophy. Examining Kant's relation to predecessors such as Hutcheson, Wolff, and Baumgarten, it clarifies the central issues in each of Kant's major works in practical philosophy, including The Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals, The Critique of Practical Reason, and The Metaphysics of Morals. It also examines the relation of Kant's philosophy to politics. Collectively, the essays in this volume provide English readers with a direct view of how leading German philosophers are w regarding Kant's revolutionary practical philosophy, one of the outstanding achievements of German thought.
- Author BiographyKarl Ameriks is McMahon-Hank Professor of Philosophy at the University of Notre Dame. A recipient of fellowships from the Humboldt Foundation, the National Endowment for the Humanities, the American Council of Learned Societies, and the Earheart Foundation, he is the author of several books, including Kant's Theory of Mind and Kant and the Fate of Autonomy, and editor of The Cambridge Companion to German Idealism. He is also co-editor of the series Cambridge Texts in the History of Philosophy. Otfried Hoffe is Professor of Philosophy at Universitat Tubingen and permanent visiting Professor of the Philosophy of Law at the University of St Gallen. He is also doctor honoris causa of the University of Porto Allegre (PUCRS), Fellow of the Heidelberger Akademie der Wissenschaften, and Fellow of the German Academy of Sciences Leopoldina. He is the author of Immanuel Kant, Political Justice, Categorical Principles of Law, Aristotle, Kant's Cosmopolitan Theory of Law and Peace, Democracy in an Age of Globalisation, and many other books in German. He has coedited Hegel on Ethics and Politics, edited Lexikon der Ethik and Lesebuch zur Ethik, and is editor of Zeitschrift fur philosophische Forschung, the series Denker, and Klassiker Auslegen. With Robert Pippin, he is co-editor of the Cambridge series The German Philosophical Tradition.
- Author(s)Otfried Hoeffe
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication26/06/2014
- Series TitleThe German Philosophical Tradition
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight480 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byKarl Ameriks
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.