CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.63
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $114.18
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.73
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.35
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.69
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.47
About this product
- DescriptionExploding with unfolding pages and multiple directions, Kapow! is a new book by British writer Adam Thirlwell. Set in the thick of the Arab Spring, it is guided by the high-speed mologue of an unnamed narrator - over-doped, over-caffeinated, overweight - trying to make sense of this history in real time. A clever, funny, and bitingly critical cultural commentary, it uses spinning digressions to tell the stories of a group of interconnected characters in London and Egypt, each transformed by the idea of revolution. Kapow! asks readers to open and unfold pages, to follow text leaking in and out of paragraphs, while progressively becoming part of and lost within the narrator's giddy digressions. A beautifully crafted object told in Thirlwell's uniquely acrobatic voice, this is a visually immersive storytelling experience like other.
- Author BiographyAdam Thirlwell is the author of two novels, Politics and The Escape, and a book on the international art of the novel. He is the guest editor of an issue of McSweeney's magazine, to come out in Winter 2012. He lives in London.
- Author(s)Adam Thirlwell
- PublisherVisual Editions Ltd
- Date of Publication17/05/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVisual Editions Ltd
- Weight227 g
- Width135 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.