All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionIn <i>Kapusta</i>, Moure performs this silence on the page and aloud, writing gesture and voice to explore the relation between responsibility and place, body, memory, sorrow, and sority. Here, poetry flourishes as a book beyond the book, in a space of performance that starts and stops time.In <i>Little Theatres</i>, Erin Moure s avatar Elisa Sampedrin first spoke about theatre and the need for smallness in order to articulate what is huge. Sampedrin, who reappears in the translation mystery <i>O Resplandor</i> as the translator of a language she does t speak, vanishes later in The Unmemntioable when the split in human identity that results from war and displacement is ackwledged. Now, in <i>Kapusta</i>, the character E. is alone, in the smallest of spaces the bench behind her grandmother s woodstove in Alberta. Here, E. struggles to face the largest of historical and imagined spaces the Holocaust in Western Ukraine, and to understand her mother s silence at the sadness of her forebears, her salt-shaker love.
- Author Biography<b>Erin Moure</b> is one of Canada s most eminent and respected poets, and a translator from French, Spanish, Galician, and Portuguese. She is the author of17 books of poetry and a book of essays, and has received the Governor General s Literary Award, the Pat Lowther Memorial Award, the A. M. Klein Prize, and has been a three-time finalist for the Griffin Poetry Prize. Her recent works include the book-length poem <i>The Unmemntioable</i> and <i>Insecession</i>, a memoir and poetics that is a companion text to her translation of Chus Pato s biopoetics, Secession. Her twelve books of poetry in translation include <i>Sheep s Vigil by a Fervent Person</i> by Alberto Caeiro/Fernando Pessoa, Nicole Brossard s <i>White Piano</i> (co-translated with Robert Majzels), Rosalia de Castro s <i>Galician Songs</i>, and Galician poet Chus Pato s acclaimed <i>m- Tala, Charenton</i> and <i>Hordes of Writing</i>.
- Author(s)Erin Moure
- PublisherHouse of Anansi Press
- Date of Publication12/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHouse of Anansi Press
- Weight227 g
- Width147 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.